Role name: Senior Java Full Stack Developer
Minimum years of experience: 7+ years
Level of experience required: Expert
Location(s): the position is mainly based Midrand / Menlyn / Home office rotation
This job specification relates to a role within the Spotlight Team.
Spotlight supports the transfer pricing process for the Our joint venture in China. The system supports the billing of vehicles produced by external production partners.
The Spotlight system is also integrated into a complex our system network which includes finance, production and purchasing systems.
Technical skills required:
- Experience building user interfaces (based on Angular) for complex enterprise applications.
- The ability to simplify complex concepts and build a framework that can, subsequent to the build be easily supported.
Technical / Functional skills
- Profound experience in software development of angular applications.
- The ability to work towards deadlines with a sense of urgency and exceed expectations is very important.
- Experience and ability to produce complex user interfaces that are designed by a UI expert exactly.
- A good feeling for architecture and architecture patterns
- Good knowledge of continuous integration and tools of the CI/CD environment of BMW (e.g. Git, Jenkins).
- Experience in writing high quality code backed by automated tests.
- Very good knowledge of agile development methods (e.g. SCRUM, Less, DevOps, extreme programming, agile requirements management)
- A feeling for scalable solutions and performance of code as we work with very large data sets.
- The confidence to tactfully navigate the project landscape in order to obtain information and achieve objectives.
- Knowledge of Java, web-technologies and internet security.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate effectively in a way that is not long winded or overly technical.
- Willing to deal with customers. In most cases they will be foreign customers and language barriers might exist.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of an agile team, inter dependant as well as independently and submit deliverables on time and in excellent quality
- Must take ownership of an assigned task and see it through to completion
- Must be self-motivated and open to learn
- Willing and able to work on weekends and public holidays if necessary.
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the team
- Travel to Germany required (e.g. 1 x 2 weeks is the norm)
Related Jobs (13)
Software Developer_Intermediate to Senior Java Developer on July 24, 2021 Full Time
Senior Java Developer / Senior AWS Cloud Specialist on July 23, 2021 Full Time