Ad ID number: 1417
Title: Senior Java Developer (Angular)
Role Group: IT Management
Role Name: Software Developer
Role Level: Expert
Minimum years of experience
- At least 8-10 years JAVA development experience
- Extensive experience in implementing and monitoring solutions
- Experience in testing (manual or automated testing)
- Agile working experience advantageous
Minimum qualification required: Relevant IT / Business Degree
Location(s): Midrand/Menlyn/Rosslyn/Home Office rotation
Part of a team working as a Java developer to enable Our IT to support Central Ordering processes within the ProFLEX project.
- Strong working knowledge of software development tools, techniques and approaches to build application solutions in collaboration with partners in Munich.
- Travel international
- Meet with end users and gather requirements.
- Propose and review system design and evaluate alternatives.
- Review and present proposed system solution to IT Project Manager / Leader and User Management or System owner.
- Develop systems solutions in line with quality and delivery requirements
- Preparation of system/technical documentation (as per ISO standards)
- Facilitate stand-up’s
- User training
- System testing/parallel runs
- System implementation
- System audits/quality assurance
- Penetration testing and compliance
- Manage application incidents, problems and incidents in line with BMW Group Operations policies and standards.
Generic Technical / Functional skills
- Working in an Agile environment
- Understanding of integration between different technologies
- Understanding of Kafka architecture, operations, scaling, performance optimization and tuning.
- Implement customer Kafka event clients on java, topics, producers and consumers.
- Partitioning of Kafka messages and setting up the replication factors in Kafka Cluster.
- Coordination between development and support environments
- Assisting with the business case
- Planning and monitoring
- Eliciting requirements
- Requirements organisation
- Translating and simplifying requirements
- Requirements management and communication
- Requirements analysis
- Document requirements in appropriate format depending on methodology followed
- Provide expertise in Kafka brokers, zookeepers, Kafka connect, schema registry, KSQL,
- Assist with identification and management of risks Specific Technical / Functional skills Experience with the following technologies:
- Angular (mandatory)
- JAVA EE / JAVA
- Developing on AWS
- RESTful and SOAP services
- SQL (Oracle, Postgres)
- TDD / Test Driven Development
- IntelliJ / WebStorm
- Build Tools (Maven/ Gradle/ Gulp/grunt/ webpack)
- Jenkins (CI (Continuous Integration) / DevOps)
- Jira, Confluence
- Working on Agile Environment (Jira, Confluence)
- Micro Services
- PaaS Knowledge (Cloud)
- Java EE Container (Glassfish (Payara), Tomcat, JBoss, Websphere)
- Git, Bitbucket, SVN
- IoC / Dependency Injection
- HTML5, CSS3
- Problem solving capabilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work interdependently as well as independently and to submit deliverables on time and with excellent quality
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) with both technical and non-technical colleagues / users
- Strong ability to understand and interpret business needs and requirements with an aptitude to move concepts through to proposal and successful implementation
- Strong presentation skills
- Above-board work ethics
- Flexibility to take up different tasks in the project
- Ability and willingness to coach and give training to fellow colleagues and users when required
- Willing and able to travel internationally
Related Jobs (13)
Software Developer_Intermediate to Senior Java Developer on July 24, 2021 Full Time
Senior Java Developer / Senior AWS Cloud Specialist on July 23, 2021 Full Time